Designs by Row has nominated me for a Liebster Award! I did a little research into the award, and it turns out that it is simply a way to showcase talented bloggers who don't have a lot of followers. I'm OK with that!
I'm brand new to this. In fact, I just started my blog the day the A to Z Challenge began. I had tried my hand at it before, but never really got anywhere with it. Over the course of the challenge, however, I've learned how to keep up with the blog, and write something each day. And I'm absolutely loving it!
In order to accept the award, I (and anyone who is nominated and also wishes to participate), must nominate 11 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. I know, it's your basic pyramid scheme, but there's no money involved, and nothing saying you can't nominate someone who was already nominated. That also means you will never run out of bloggers to nominate!
Each blogger who wishes to participate must ask their nominated bloggers 11 questions, then include 11 random facts about themselves, and answer the 11 questions asked of them. Since I am participating, I have done just that, below.
My nominations (in no particular order):
Designs by Row
Sonnia J. Kemmer
Pull Up a Toadstool
One Side Paper
Fur Will Fly
Father Dragon Writes
11 Random facts about me:
1. In my family, your middle name is like your first name, and your first name is like your middle name. I have always gone by my middle name, Kristen.
2. I named my first dog Andy.
3. I hate olives and grapefruit.
4. I have just one younger brother, who is seven years younger than me.
5. I have never been married
6. I stopped eating wheat about two months ago.
7. Fish is my favorite protein.
8. I used to live on a farm.
9. I used to be the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of a company, and hated it.
10. I used to love picking up snails and letting them crawl up my arms when I was little.
11. I won an electric guitar autographed by the band Lovehammers for winning a music video contest.
Questions I was asked by Rowena:
1. What is your favourite colour?
2. Which famous person would play you in a film about your life?
That's a tough one. I really have no idea, so I'm just going to choose Milla Jovovich because she's my favorite sci-fi actress, and I love sci-fi. She's way prettier than me, but that's pretty cool too. I'd love to be pretty, and have the ability to kick ass!
3. Which celebrity do you like least, and why?
Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi. I don't think I have to say more than that. Even her name is annoying! She's fake, disgusting, annoying, and stupid.
4. If you were an animal...what would you be?
A dog. I used to pretend to be a dog, and write little plays about dogs to perform when I was little.
5. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
A dog person, although I have only one dog and seven cats.
6. What is your lucky number?
13, because it's my birthday. That means I don't have any unlucky numbers. :)
7. If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
I have a lot of dreams about flying, so I guess the power to fly!
8. Worst present ever received?
Wilted carnations from my boyfriend at the time.
9. What is your favorite board game?
I love backgammon because I used to play it with my grandmother when I was little.
10. What is your favorite smell?
Lavender! We have some outside. I also love the way my dog smells after she's been searching for her ball in the pine trees, so I love pine as well.
11. Can you play a musical instrument?
Sort of. I played the flute for a very short time when I was younger, then moved on to the clarinet. I wasn't very good at that either.
My 11 Questions For My Liebster Nominees:
1. What is your favorite vegetable?
2. Where would you go for a dream vacation?
3. What is your favorite TV genre?
4. Who is your favorite artist, and why?
5. What is your favorite political subject (you don't have to give away your political affiliation)?
6. What types of insect do you like, if any?
7. Have you ever been obsessed with a person, place, thing, or idea (you can share as much as you want here, or just say yes or no)?
8. What is your favorite magazine?
9. What is your least favorite food?
10. What is your least favorite subject to discuss?
11. What qualities do you think are most important in making a person beautiful (you can include inner or outer beauty)?